Wednesday, May 7, 2014

We are alive

What can I say, we have emerged from winter victorious and I haven't cared to spend but a minute on my computer lately. Winter wasn't as dark, dreary, depressing, and lonely as I expected (here's to anticipating the worst!) but it was just bad enough that when spring showed her glorious face and temps decided to stay above 50 I bid adieu to days inside.

However, considering how much Calvin enjoys flipping through my past years' blog books, I decided I should continue to document our wildly exciting lives. Our lives, which are not wildly exciting, really are great. I recently went to NYC with my family and the trip was amazing. Like I-forgot-how-great-traveling-with-my-family-is amazing. I surprised myself though with how much I missed Calvin and Jeff. It was my first time away from Calvin and to be honest, the sight of little babies made me want to cry! What a sap.

The point is, I spent a lot of time thinking about how mine and Jeff's life was before Calvin. We traveled a lot together and I traveled for work. We went out to eat and to movies like it was a second job. Then little C-man came along and our adventures for the most part are much more small scale. We occasionally eat at 5 Guys because for some unknown reason Calvin is always an angel there. We are still behind on pretty much all of the big holiday blockbusters, and building Calvin's sand box is now the type of thing that keeps me up at night.

I love it. My second Mother's Day is just around the corner and I couldn't be more excited or grateful.

For now, here are my three favorite photos Jeff sent me while I was away and some day soon I'll catch up on the past three months.





No comments:

Post a Comment

~ comments ~

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS