Sunday, September 22, 2013

I'm a sap and Calvin is a cartoon

Where to begin.

Friday was my birthday and I was really pumped about it. For some reason I woke up feeling empowered and extra cheery. I guess birthdays will do that to you. I spent almost all day at home chilling with Calvin and as the day progressed I felt my love for him go up to a whole new notch I never knew existed.


It's like this, I knew having a kid would be great. I knew it would be this whole new adventure that would make me say, "how did I ever live without him?" Everybody warned me that would happen and I was like yeah yeah I'm sure it's great. However....it truly is even better than that. Having Calvin has made me a better person in so many ways. He's made me appreciate the small things and see the world through brand new eyes.



I am beyond infatuated with this little man. I mean look at the above picture. Does he not look like one of those cartoons where the little animal gets big, precious eyes and your heart just explodes? Well he does, but even cuter.

Though I won't, I'm tempted to be one of those crazy grizzly bear mothers who defends their child at all costs and thinks they do no wrong. This is totally not true because if you look at the third picture you'll see that scheming look in his eyes and know he's living up to his name sake.

Regardless, I'm smitten.




And...in case you thought C-dog was the only man in my life because I gush on him 24-7, you're wrong. That Jeff is still kicking around in a big way. He gave me this sweet stag after our birthday date of Bombay House. He's one in a million. Gosh, this really is a sappy post. So sappy in fact, that I will probably have to write a 2013 version of this post in 2 days. Woot woot...the big two nine is coming your way Jeff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ comments ~

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS