Saturday, August 31, 2013

Happy Panic

I've been experiencing that end of summer panic which includes worrying if I squeezed all I could out of summer and hyperventilating over the impending winter.

Did I hike enough? Never
Did I spend enough warm summer nights outside?
Did I make enough watermelon margaritas? (hobbes' hair!)

These are the real-life, very serious concerns that have tormented my soul this week. Because everybody knows that Autumn begins after Labor Day, even though it isn't officially Autumn yet. Also, it's 5 am on Saturday, the last day of August as I write this. Can you tell I'm concerned!

And yet...I think I'm more excited than anything else. I spend all year counting down the days and weeks until Fall. Do I even need to list the reasons why? Okay I will!

leaves
football
peaches
crisp air
my birthday
boots
acorns
sweaters
harvest
pumpkins

Okay, okay I have talked myself back from the ledge. Consider this a farewell letter to Summer - you've been good and kind, Summer, and I look forward to next year. Farewell, so long, sayonara sucker I'm jumping in with both feet - no diving head first into fall.

Some pics to send Summer on his way:

 teach them young I always say

 Calvin's first four-wheeler ride

 The most perfect, beautiful night on the farm

 no caption necessary


Canyon time and Morg working it by the fire
 Summer attire

 Because Hobbes doesn't get enough camera time these days




 More of that perfect night



A day at the lake that left Calvin unimpressed

1 comment:

  1. That baby of yours is pretty perfect. Sadly fall in Texas doesn't begin until about December, but I can't complain about a balmy winter day in the 60s :)

    ReplyDelete

~ comments ~

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS