Wednesday, July 10, 2013

the dog days of summer: they're pretty great

The long, hot days of this Utah summer are dragging on perfectly. I always feel like after the 4th of July summer tends to wind down in the best way. We've been grilling like it's all we know how to do and squeezing in every bit of outside time possible. 

Summer thunderstorms have begun rolling in periodically and I tried to explain to Jeff how they make me feel and that they're my absolute favorite. My explanation didn't come across exactly like it feels in my head and I ended up crying, then laughing and ultimately saying that I feel squishy??? I don't really know what I'm trying to say. Maybe I feel nostalgic for those early mornings growing up on the farm or maybe something else entirely, but the point is I love late summer and it just continues to get better from here on out. Summer melting into Fall is absolute bliss.

Baby boy and I hit the road early to beat the heat then once the temperature starts its downhill slide for the day we're back outside.

 Tacos...so many tacos this summer and somehow still not enough


 this face


 Waffles, fish feeding, and successfully fitting 4 children and 4 adults in one vehicle to Bridal Veil Falls





 Hikes with Amanda and a zonked out Afton. Calvin was a bobble head by the end too.

 A couple of pool honeys at grandma and grandpa's

And this goofer now sits

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ comments ~

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS