Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Catch up and a Von Trapp moment

 Let's just back up and pretend it's three weeks ago....Happy Father's Day!

Since Jeff won the rookie of the year award for new dads, I fed him a breakfast to truly show how much I loved him. Not in an "I care about your health"  sort of way though - unfortunately. It was more of a hug for his arteries type of breakfast and a meal that I vowed to only make him once a year on Father's Day. There was sausage and biscuits and gravy and bacon...I still feel guilty about it...and eggs and Mt. Dew.

Heart-damaging meal aside, we had a wonderful day and I absolutely love all the dads in my life. My own papa is the funniest man alive and has taught me so much that I'd be lost without him.


The day before Father's Day we took a little journey into the mountains and stumbled upon the most amazing meadow of wild flowers. A Von Trapp moment sprung to life as we climbed those mountain slopes, our eyes filled with wonder and awe. Hobbes was particularly frolicsome so we let him star as Maria.





No comments:

Post a Comment

~ comments ~

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS