Friday, January 3, 2014

Mindful

"There are years that ask questions, and years that answer."
-Zora Neale Hurston

I've had those words on my mind a lot the past couple weeks as I've watched one year come to an end and another begin. To me every year answers some questions, leaves you wondering on others you desperately need addressed, and proposes a whole new list at the same time.

This past year was no exception. It was a good year for us, the most important of mine and Jeff's life together. We welcomed baby Calvin into our home, beginning the exciting and frightening journey of parenthood. 2013 brought us the most joy we've ever known, yet the year wasn't without challenges. Our challenges didn't hold a candle to others', but I felt my family being stretched, forced to grow and evolve, both in ways we desired and ways we feared. At times I felt the change getting away from me, like a chaotic, shifting force I couldn't control and didn't know how to reign in. 

As the year came to a close and with a fresh new year upon us I have felt a sense of clarity. Clarity in how to live or at least how to try to live in this next year. I haven't set New Year's resolutions and don't intend to. Rather as I enter 2014 I do so with a theme, an internal word of how I want to live this year. 

Mindful

I want to be mindful of who I am and how I live my life.
Mindful of how I treat myself physically, emotionally, spiritually.
Mindful of the kind of mother I am. 
Mindful of the world I am shaping for Calvin.
Mindful of the way I speak to and about others.
Mindful of my love and relationship with my husband.
I want to be mindful of the present, to live in it and enjoy it.
Mindful of how I spend my time.
Mindful of how I speak to myself.
Mindful of my role in this world.

2014 feels good in just the right way. I'm ready.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ comments ~

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS