Tuesday, April 9, 2013

From me to you: Roasted corn and asparagus salad



 This recipe came about for two reasons. 1) We have a TON of frozen corn in our freezer from last fall when we picked it from the farm. So. Much. Work. 2) Jeff and I had an in-house "chopped challenge" date during the early weeks of Calvin's life when every doctor and person we came in contact with frightened us to the core with stories of infants contracting RSV.

We got creative on those cold, cooped up winter nights and Jeff tasked me with making a dish using asparagus. Much to our delight my creation turned out to be delicious and I make it almost once a week now.  Look out frozen corn, I know how to handle you now.

Enjoy my precise measurements. What can I say, this isn't a cooking blog and I made this recipe up.

Ingredients:
1 bunch of asparagus
1 smallish to medium bag of frozen corn
2 tablespoons olive oil
Ample sprinkles of Parmesan cheese
3-4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled (Optional, but not really. Bacon makes everything better.) 
Salt and pepper

Directions: Preheat oven to to 400 degrees. Chop off the hard ends of the asparagus and discard. Chop the rest of the asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Place asparagus in a pot with a few inches of water and boil for about 3-5 minutes.

Meanwhile, drizzle olive oil on baking sheet and spread frozen corn on the sheet. Add asparagus and bacon pieces to baking sheet. Mix all ingredients into olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle cheese on top.

Roast for about 20 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Serves 2 people.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

~ comments ~

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS